Expression of Interest Request for Africa Hub Board Members
Deadline: 22nd September 2017
Download the PDF: Africa Hub Board EOI.
Innovation for Change Africa Hub seeks Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment to Board of management of the Africa Hub.
Introduction to Innovation for Change:
Innovation for Change is a growing global network of people and online hubs, with a regional centre in Africa, and others soon to open in Central Asia, East Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean and South Asia. These shared working spaces are places where people and organizations can connect and exchange ideas, debate the challenges of today and create solutions that will shape tomorrow. Our networks spark collaborations within civil society as well as partnerships with social and technology businesses and academia. We help power campaign and programme development by offering advisory services, education and training, convening and network building, fundraising, free online tools and support with technology product development.
Innovation for Change – Africa
Civil society around the world is under significant and growing pressure as restricted freedoms, including those on funding, barriers to registration, interventions on how and where to operate, funding limitations, and open political harassment, have become the norm. This internal and external pressure is leading to dwindling space for civic engagement as well as a shrinking role for civil society in advocacy. The existence, survival and sustainability of many civil society organizations (CSOs) now depends on innovative responses that allow for inventive options to scale up and continue the critical work they are currently undertaking. Innovation for Change – Africa’s main goal is to protect, respect, strengthen, expand and recover civil society space.
More specifically, the Africa Hub objectives include:
- Developing and sustaining an interactive and easy to use online resource center essential to the campaign for the opening and maintaining of civil society space.
- Providing rapid support and legal analysis of regulations, administrative decisions and referrals for individuals or organizations in Africa.
- Improving the ability of civil society to mobilize and provide solidarity to countries or individuals affected by closing civic space
- Facilitating and coordinating alliance-building among networks and relevant organizations across Africa and beyond.
- Growing and sustaining the Hub’s position as a continental platform for protecting and expanding civic space in Africa.
For more information about Innovation for Change Africa Hub, please visit innovationforchange.net.
Africa Hub Board of Management:
The Board of Management will play a key role in supporting the Africa Hub implement programs that provide support to the Innovation for Change network development as well as drive innovation, new practices and learning.
Specifically, the Board of Management will be responsible for the following services:
- Setting the strategic direction of the Africa Hub
- Provide policy directions to the hub coordinator through the chairperson, vice chairperson or their nominee/designee
- Responsible for holding of elections through an agreed nomination process
- Responsible for development of the Africa Hub strategy with support from the hub coordinator
- Receive, review and adopt quarterly programmatic and financial reports
Recruitment, supervision, appraisal of the Hub secretariat The Board will serve on rotational basis of 2 years.
The Board Members will be appointed for their relevant experience and knowledge in one or more of the following Africa Hub Thematic Areas:
- Experience in engaging and supporting civil society organizations both at national and regional levels
- Experience in Fundraising, Networking and Alliance-building among the public, private, and civil society sectors;
- Experience in promoting Human Rights, Corruption
- Transparency and accountability, natural resources, Climate change and food security, Peace, justice and strong institutions and Justice and impunity.
- Ability to support a virtual team across Africa
- Expressed commitment to long-term engagement with Innovation for Change, Africa Hub.
To submit your application, please go to this link to fill the application form and attach your CV.